Baby massage is an interaction that involves gentle strokes over the baby’s skin. Through these gentle strokes it promotes a parent’s focus on their child which directly communicates love, respect and care, which promotes a secure attachment. Research explains how a nurturing contact between baby and parent/carer has a positive impact on the baby’s overall development. Baby massage is something that anyone can do and it doesn’t only benefit the baby but also the parent/carer.
- Develops a feeling of being loved
- Promotes the bond between baby and parent/carer
- Can alleviate trapped wind, soothe colic and ease constipation
- Can unblock a baby’s blocked nose
- Develops a baby’s first language which is touch
- Promotes the development of body, mind, awareness and coordination
- Promotes relaxation
- Helps baby to sleep
- Ease the pain of teething
- Develops the bond between baby and parent/carer
- Can help to alleviate the effects of postnatal depression
- Helps parents/carers to communicate with their baby
- Helps parents/carers to understand their baby’s cues and to become aware of their baby’s body
- Promotes relaxation
- Helps parents/carers to become aware of their developing baby
- Through attending baby massage sessions it provides opportunities for socialisation
- Promotes a positive interaction between baby and parent/carer
All of the above benefits still apply but here are some additional benefits
- Helps promote hand grasps
- Relaxes tight muscles and stimulates muscle tone especially for babies with hypotonic
- For babies who have been in hospital it helps babies to accept positive touch
- Decreases mottling and increase circulation
- Helps with gastro-intestinal tract distress
- Improves socialisation through encouraging eye contact
- Helps to regulate wither tactile hyper or hypo sensitivity
Group zoom sessions where over 40 minutes you will learn massage for the chest, tummy, back, legs, feet, hands, arms head and face.
The strokes you will learn will help with colic, wind and constipation. It will also help promote sleep and help with teething, muscle development and promoting the overall development of your baby.
Each session is 30 minutes and you will learn strokes that will help to relax your baby and prepare them for a good night’s sleep. The massages you will learn are quick massages so they are easy to fit into everyday busy lives. The strokes learnt in these sessions will cover the whole body. They will help with colic, wind, constipation and teething.
These are tailor made sessions to meet the needs of you and your baby. How many sessions you need /want is entirely up to you. We can plan 1 hour sessions which focus on certain areas (for example colic), We will teach you massage that is more in depth that can easily be incorporated into you and your baby’s daily routine. And massages to help better promote the bond between you and your baby.